For those who wish to apply for visa to enter Japan
Dear Travelers to Japan
Visa Hotline Number : 1-800-001-0169
・Available language is English only.
・Calls are available 24/7.
- Documents sent by faxes or emails will not be accepted. All documents have to be original
- The Embassy will not accept documents that are insufficient or incomplete.
- Documents sent from Japan will be valid only up to 3 months from the date of issue.
- Documents once submitted for visa application will not be returned. Important documents such as ID cards, Business Registration Certificates, Academic Qualification Certificates, etc must be submitted in clear copies of A4 size along with the original copies. Other important original documents shall be returned upon the decision on the next application.
- To All Visa Applicants
This is to inform that the Embassy of Japan has a provision to return the passport during application process through the following procedures mentioned below.1. Temporary return of passport
In case, visa applicants require passport after visa application i.e. while waiting for visa result (For example while travelling abroad etc.) the Embassy will return the passport temporarily to the applicant without terminating the application process. For that visa applicants have to submit an application mentioning the reason. However, as the visa application procedure is underway, it is necessary to return the passport to the Embassy as soon as possible once it's used. (The result of the visa application will not be disclosed unless the passport is returned to the Embassy.)2. Withdrawal of visa application
In case, visa applicants wish to withdraw visa application, it is possible to withdraw the visa application process by submitting an application mentioning the reason to the Embassy. Once the application for withdrawal is accepted by the Embassy, visa application process will be terminated and passport will be returned. (The Embassy will not return any documents submitted for visa application other than the passport.)
- All applicants are kindly requested to contact the Consular Section as instructed in the Visa Application Receipt.
- Submission of required and relevant documents does not guarantee issuance of visa.
- Reason(s) for declined applications will not be disclosed in any form of inquiry.
Citizens of other countries
Foreign nationals who are traveling to Nepal as a tourist are requested to apply for their visas in their respective countries’ diplomatic mission/consular office of Japan.
Indian nationals are requested to submit “Certificate of Registration as Indian National” issued by the Indian Embassy in Nepal at the time of application along with other required documents.
NOTE: OTHER SPECIFIC VISA INQUIRIES SHOULD BE MADE DIRECTLY TO THE CONSULAR DIVISION OF THE EMBASSY OF JAPAN.
Number of days required for acquiring VISA
The number of days for the issuance of visa varies depending on the nature of application. The visa process usually takes about one week, but it could take about two months if one is required for careful examination. So, applicants are requested to apply for visa as soon as the travel has been fixed. (Visa will be valid for three months. So, please refrain from applying visa before three months of entering Japan)
- Police Certificates from the Japanese National Police Agency are issued only when requested by foreign authorities (e.g. government, embassy, immigration agency and so on) as required by law.
- Those who wish to apply for a Police Certificate other than for the above-mentioned reasons are asked to contact the Consular section.
Application and collection
You are requested to make an appointment in advance by email (email@example.com) to visit the Embassy and to provide your fingerprints on our designated form and the requirements below.
Please understand that it usually takes about three months to receive the certificate after the application.
The requirements are your valid passport and the documents issued by the foreign authority, requesting you to obtain a police certificate. The fee is free of charge.