For those who wish to apply for visa to enter Japan
Dear Travelers to Japan
2022.9.22 Applying for travel insurance before departure
2022.6.1 Application for Visa for foreign nationals eligible for Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border Travel
Notice Regarding the visa application with the Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Notice for permanent residents who have difficulty re-entry Japan within the valid period of their permission due to the impact of COVID-19
It is recommended to take out an overseas travel insurance
- An overseas travel insurance makes you feel secure, even in emergencies, and you can enjoy your trip.
- Medical expenses can be very high in Japan. If the travel insurance you purchased offers sufficient coverage of treatment costs, you can receive treatment without concern.
●In case of Emergency：https://www.japan.travel/en/practical-coronavirus-information/in-case-of-emergency/
●Safety Information Card：https://www.mlit.go.jp/kankocho/content/001471576.pdf
Applying for refugee recognition does NOT necessarily mean you can work in Japan
Work and Long-term Stays
When a visa application is for a long-term stay in Japan for such purposes as employment, residency, etc, the applicant shall submit the original copy of the Certificate of Eligibility which a proxy in Japan should obtain from the Ministry of Justice in advance. The proxy, or the company/organization which acts as a proxy in Japan, shall contact the regional Immigration Bureau with jurisdiction over the place of residence /location (Immigration Bureau of Japan web：http://www.immi-moj.go.jp/english/tetuduki/index.html ). The Ministry of Foreign Affairs cannot accept an application for the Certificate of Eligibility.
If the proxy cannot obtain Certificate of Eligibility for some reason, the visa applicant can apply for a visa directly at the Japanese Embassy/Consulate-General. However, it may take considerable time until the applicant gets the decision on his/her visa.
[PDF] Visa Application Form Should be printed in ONE SHEET(both sides) (SAMPLE )
[PDF] Requirements for Visa Application
[PDF] Outline of New Immigration Procedures: Requirements for the Provision of Personal Information
[PDF] To Foreign Nationals who Newly Enter Japan after July 9, 2012
[PDF] To all Foreign Nationals Living in Japan
Outline of Application Procedure for Multiple Entry Visa for Nationals of India
Inquiry about Visa
Telephone Number : 18000010129
・Available language is English only.
・Calls are available 24/7(Only Nepal Telecom can be connected.).
- Documents sent by faxes or emails will not be accepted. All documents have to be original
- The Embassy will not accept documents that are insufficient or incomplete.
- Documents sent from Japan will be valid only up to 3 months from the date of issue.
- Documents once submitted for visa application will not be returned. Important documents such as ID cards, Business Registration Certificates, Academic Qualification Certificates, etc must be submitted in clear copies of A4 size along with the original copies. Other important original documents shall be returned upon the decision on the next application.
- To All Visa Applicants
This is to inform that the Embassy of Japan has a provision to return the passport during application process through the following procedures mentioned below.1. Temporary return of passport
In case, visa applicants require passport after visa application i.e. while waiting for visa result (For example while travelling abroad etc.) the Embassy will return the passport temporarily to the applicant without terminating the application process. For that visa applicants have to submit an application mentioning the reason. However, as the visa application procedure is underway, it is necessary to return the passport to the Embassy as soon as possible once it's used. (The result of the visa application will not be disclosed unless the passport is returned to the Embassy.)2. Withdrawal of visa application
In case, visa applicants wish to withdraw visa application, it is possible to withdraw the visa application process by submitting an application mentioning the reason to the Embassy. Once the application for withdrawal is accepted by the Embassy, visa application process will be terminated and passport will be returned. (The Embassy will not return any documents submitted for visa application other than the passport.)
- All applicants are kindly requested to contact the Consular Section as instructed in the Visa Application Receipt.
- Submission of required and relevant documents does not guarantee issuance of visa.
- Reason(s) for declined applications will not be disclosed in any form of inquiry.
Citizens of other countries
Foreign nationals who are traveling to Nepal as a tourist are requested to apply for their visas in their respective countries’ diplomatic mission/consular office of Japan.
Indian nationals are requested to submit “Certificate of Registration as Indian National” issued by the Indian Embassy in Nepal at the time of application along with other required documents.
NOTE: OTHER SPECIFIC VISA INQUIRIES SHOULD BE MADE DIRECTLY TO THE CONSULAR DIVISION OF THE EMBASSY OF JAPAN.
Number of days required for acquiring VISA
The number of days for the issuance of visa varies depending on the nature of application. The visa process usually takes about one week, but it could take about two months if one is required for careful examination. So, applicants are requested to apply for visa as soon as the travel has been fixed. (Visa will be valid for three months. So, please refrain from applying visa before three months of entering Japan)