August 29, 2018
Dear Travelers to Japan
Application Days & Hours
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Collection Days & Hours
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 2:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Documents sent by faxes or emails will not be accepted. All documents have to be original
- The Embassy will not accept documents that are insufficient or incomplete.
- Documents sent from Japan will be valid only up to 3 months from the date of issue.
- Documents once submitted for visa application will not be returned. Important documents such as ID cards, Business Registration Certificates, Academic Qualification Certificates, etc must be submitted in clear copies of A4 size along with the original copies. Other important original documents shall be returned upon the decision on the next application. To All Visa Applicants
This is to inform that the Embassy of Japan has a provision to return the passport during application process through the following procedures mentioned below.1. Temporary return of passport
In case, visa applicants require passport after visa application i.e. while waiting for visa result (For example while travelling abroad etc.) the Embassy will return the passport temporarily to the applicant without terminating the application process. For that visa applicants have to submit an application mentioning the reason. However, as the visa application procedure is underway, it is necessary to return the passport to the Embassy as soon as possible once it's used. (The result of the visa application will not be disclosed unless the passport is returned to the Embassy.)2. Withdrawal of visa application
In case, visa applicants wish to withdraw visa application, it is possible to withdraw the visa application process by submitting an application mentioning the reason to the Embassy. Once the application for withdrawal is accepted by the Embassy, visa application process will be terminated and passport will be returned. (The Embassy will not return any documents submitted for visa application other than the passport.)
- All applicants are kindly requested to contact the Consular Section as instructed in the Visa Application Receipt.
- Submission of required and relevant documents does not guarantee issuance of visa.
- Reason(s) for declined applications will not be disclosed in any form of inquiry.
Citizens of other countries
Foreign nationals who are traveling to Nepal as a tourist are requested to apply for their visas in their respective countries’ diplomatic mission/consular office of Japan.
Indian nationals are requested to submit “Certificate of Registration as Indian National” issued by the Indian Embassy in Nepal at the time of application along with other required documents.
NOTE: OTHER SPECIFIC VISA INQUIRIES SHOULD BE MADE DIRECTLY TO THE CONSULAR DIVISION OF THE EMBASSY OF JAPAN.
Number of days required for acquiring VISA
The number of days for the issuance of visa varies depending on the nature of application. The visa process usually takes about one week. So, applicants are requested to apply for visa at least two weeks prior to the date of departure. In the case of applications that require additional inquiries, it could take two to three months or even longer, so please allow plenty of leeway.